Fairtrade Colombian Roasted Coffee (1kg)
The telephone order Price is
Fairtrade Colombian Roasted Coffee Beans. Fairtrade guarantees a better deal for producers. The Fairtrade Mark was Introduced to ensure a better deal for growers and small scale producers in developing countries.
Co-operatives de Caficultores de Aguadas is a Colombian co-operative that exclusively organises small growers, founded in 1966 to help growers collectively market their coffee. Aguadas joined Fairtrade in 1996 to ensure Stability of volume and export price and to use the social premium for social projects, development of organic agriculture and diversification. Aguadas has a coherent development policy that now goes far beyond coffee, but remains committed to co-operative ideals. The co-op is made up of 1125 members, in 29 communities, producing 3613 tonne of coffee.
The presence of Aguadas has seen these communities benfit from:-
- Work competences for coffee production, a training program that serves 25 young people (the farmers children) for the future benefit of the community in terms of Jobs, creating bonds with educational insitutions and the quality of coffee farmer knowledge.
- Funeral insurance for coffe growers and their families
- Maintenance of roads necessary for communication
- Free health service days
- Program computer courses for those associated with the co-operative
- Farmers entitled to 50% discount on medical and orthdontic assistance
- Farmers provided a basic package of animals and seeds for them to produce food to be consumed on a daily basis and to sell the remainder
- Every year 30 adult growers get the chance to get a primary school education in literacy programs
About our coffee Packaging
We use high quality Aluminium Foil bags for packing our coffee, they are heat sealed and can be resealed after opening using a suitable heated device with two flat sides.
Our coffee bags feature a One Way Degassing Valve, this ensures our freshly roasted coffee can continue to give off carbon dioxide while packed and the bag will not expand like a balloon. Degassing is a natural side effect of the coffee roasting process, and different origins will give off carbon dioxide for longer or shorter periods of time so it is essential to have a quality one way valve to release this gas. Freshly roasted coffee will start to loose taste and flavour in the presence of Oxygen, which is why we seal it in one way valve bags to preserve freshness - and the natural process of giving off carbon dioxide helps push out any oxygen after the bag is sealed.
Coffee roast level guide (Very Dark = 6 Beans)